12 CUBED: A NATIONAL EXHIBITION OF SMALL SCALE WORKS OF ART
Presented by Ascend Federal Credit Union and the MTSU Department of Art and Design
Sponsored in part by:
Jerry's Artarama NASHVILLE
5381 Mount View Rd
Antioch, TN 37013
633 Middleton Street
Nashville, TN 37203
The Sixth 12 Cubed: A NATIONAL EXHIBITION OF SMALL SCALE WORKS OF ART is a juried exhibition composed of two-dimensional or three dimensional works that do not exceed 12”x12”(x12”) (H.W.D). There are no media restrictions.
Three dimensional works including a base and/or frame must be contained within the 12x12x12 parameters.
Artists must be at least 18 years of age and works must have been completed in the last two years. Each submission is limited to two pieces of work. The number of submissions, however, is unlimited.
All artists' work selected will be provided a shipping address for the exhibit. With the provided gallery space, we estimate that a total of 25-30 works will be selected.
RETURN SHIPPING: MTSU Todd Art Gallery pays return shipping and insurance on all accepted work. Shipping return is done through United Parcel Service (UPS), or upon request by United States Postal Service (USPS).
The exhibition is closed to all MTSU faculty and staff.
Works previously exhibited at MTSU's Todd Art Gallery are not permissable.
Juror - Charles Clary
Area Coordinator and Assistant Professor at Carolina Coastal University’s Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts. A painting honors graduate from Middle Tennessee State University he earned a Masters of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) from the Savannah College of Art and Design.
He has shown in exhibitions at Galerie EVOLUTION-Pierre Cardin in Paris, France, completed a three week residency in Lacoste France, completed a painting assistantship with Joe Amrhein of Pierogi Gallery in Brooklyn NYC, and had work acquired by fashion designer Pierre Cardin and gallery owner James Cohan. Clary has been featured in numerous print and Internet interviews including: This is Colossal, WIRED magazine (US and UK), Hi Fructose, Beautifuldecay, Bluecanavs Magazine, and This Is Colossal. He has also been featured in publications including 500 Paper Objects, Paper Works, Paper Art, Papercraft 2, PUSH: Paper, and The New Twenties. Most recently, Clary won Top Prize at the 2016 ARtFields Competition in Lake City, SC.
Clary has exhibited regionally, nationally, and internationally in numerous solo and group shows, is represented by Diana Lowenstein Gallery in Miami, FL and Patrajdas Contemporary Gallery in Ogden, Utah. Clary currently lives and works in Conway, South Carolina.
He describes his work as a use of paper to create a world of fiction that challenges the viewer to suspend disbelief and venture into my fabricated reality.
- August 8, 2018-All entries and fees must be received ($20.00 for submission of up to two separate works of art (please note that artists may make multiple submissions))
- August 22, 2018-Artists will be notified of the status of their entries
- September 10, 2018-Accepted works due at Todd Art Gallery. Selected works not on hand at that time will not be exhibited.
- September 22, 2018-Opening Reception and Juror Awards
- October 20, 2018-Exhibition closes
- Eric V. Snyder
- Gallery Coordinator, Todd Art Gallery
- Department of Art
- Middle Tennessee State University
- tel: 615.898.5532 or 615.542.6368
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your submission grants MTSU use of your images for purposes of promotion; traditional and social media, archiving, and publicity. You also understand that proper credit will be provided with each image use.