The Todd Art Gallery exhibits works of art from emerging and prominent artists in conjunction with studies offered through Middle Tennessee State University's Department of Art. All exhibits are free and open to the public. Exhibits are offered year-round and include open calls and competitions at no expense to students from kindergarten through college undergraduates. The Gallery supports collaborations with the Rutherford County Property Assessor's Murfree Gallery and with community artists, organizers, and supporters.
Currently, two national competitions/exhibitions are regularly scheduled. They include 12x12: A Juried National Exhibit of Small Scale Works of Art and Paperworks. The competitions run on a biennial rotation.
Often exhibit/competition and invited artists participate in receptions, lectures, and studio visits with students and the public, composing but a small part of the many educational opportunities the MTSU Department of Art offers the campus and middle Tennessee communities.
If mailing cd (jpeg format should not exceed 1MB per image or appropriate media for time-based work). Mail to:
Todd Art Gallery
Department of Art and Design
Eric V. Snyder, Gallery Coordinator
Box 25, 1301 E Main Street
Murfreesboro TN 37132-0025
All Exhibition uploaded or mailed proposals become the property of the MTSU Department of Art and will not be returned and may be used for promotion purposes.
In order to ensure consideration, please submit only the requested materials. The department's Gallery Committee meets twice a year to review exhibition proposals and will contact artists when additional information is needed.
If extended an invitation to exhibit artist/group acknowledges willingness to comply with agreed TBD scheduling, contractual obligations and other items or actions necessary to insure success of exhibit.
For questions: 615-898-5532 or 615-904-8315
12 CUBED: A NATIONAL EXHIBITION OF SMALL SCALE WORKS OF ART
Presented by Ascend Federal Credit Union and MTSU's Department of Art and Design
Sponsored in part by:
Jerry's Artarama NASHVILLE
5381 Mount View Rd
Antioch, TN 37013
633 Middleton Street
Nashville, TN 37203
The Sixth 12 Cubed: A NATIONAL EXHIBITION OF SMALL SCALE WORKS OF ART is a juried exhibition composed of 2D or 3D works that do not exceed 12”x12”(x12”). There are no media restrictions.
Three dimensional works including a base and/or frame must be contained within the 12x12x12 dimensions.
Artists must be at least 18 years of age and works must have been completed in the last two years. Each submission is limited to two pieces of work. The number of submissions, however, is unlimited.
All artists' work selected will be provided a shipping address for the exhibit. With the provided gallery space, we estimate that a total of 25-30 works will be selected.
RETURN SHIPPING: MTSU Todd Art Gallery pays return shipping and insurance on all accepted work. Shipping return is done through United Parcel Service (UPS), or upon request by United States Postal Service (USPS).
The exhibition is closed to all MTSU faculty and staff.
Works previously exhibited in MTSU's Todd Art Gallery are not permissable.
- August 1, 2018-All entries and fees must be received ($20.00 for submission of up to two separate works of art (please note that artists may make multiple submissions))
- August 17, 2018-Artists will be notified of the status of their entries
- September 7, 2018-Accepted works due at Todd Art Gallery
- September 22, 2018-Opening Reception and Juror Awards
- October 20, 2018-Exhibition closes
- MTSU ARTS' AWARD FOR BEST OF SHOW, $1,000.00
- Sponsored by Ascend Federal Credit Union Presents: MTSU ARTS‑http://www.mtsuarts.com/
- MTSU ARTS' MERIT AWARD, $350.00
- Sponsored by the MTSU College of Liberal Arts, Dr. Karen Petersen, Dean-http://www.mtsu.edu/liberalarts/
- Eric V. Snyder
- Gallery Coordinator, Todd Art Gallery
- Department of Art
- Middle Tennessee State University
- tel: 615.898.5532 or 615.542.6368
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your submission grants MTSU use of your images for purposes of promotion, archiving, and publicity. You also understand that proper credit will be provided with each image use.