About the Galleries at MTSU:
The Todd Art Gallery and it's subsidiary student 210 and Glass Galleries exhibit works of art from emerging and prominent artists in conjunction with studies offered through Middle Tennessee State University's Department of Art and Design. All exhibits are free and open to the public. Exhibits are offered year-round and include open calls and competitions at no expense to students from kindergarten through college undergraduates. In addition, the Gallery supports collaborations with the Rutherford County Property Assessor's Murfree Gallery and with community artists, organizers, and supporters.
Currently, a national competition/exhibition is regularly scheduled. Entitled, Form | Line | Shape | Space: A Juried National Drawing Exhibition emphasizes the continued relevance of drawing and its application to other disciplines. This biennial exhibit will return in spring 2022.
Often exhibit/competition and invited artists to participate in receptions, lectures, and studio visits with students and the public, composing but a small part of the many educational opportunities the MTSU Department of Art and Design offers the campus and middle Tennessee communities.
A FRESH CUT ON FLOWERS!
Inspired by the artistry of Mary Miller Veazie
Church Street Gallery (CSG) announces A Fresh Cut on Flowers, the title and open Call to Artists for their creative expression via any 2-Dimensional or 3-Dimensional media with a spring or floral theme, whether abstract or representational. The show will be a juried exhibition and will open with a reception at 6 p.m., Friday, May 12, 2023. All interested artists are encouraged to apply.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND CHECKLIST:
• Up to three artworks may be submitted per entry.
• Artworks should be no larger than 24" x 24” square in 2D or 24” square in 3D.
• Representational and abstract interpretations of the theme in any media are welcome.
• All 2D pieces may be framed on deep-edge canvas with finished sides and should be ready to hang with D-ring type hangers and picture wire.
• All 3D pieces must account for the previously noted sizing restrictions if mounted or accompanied by a stand or pedestal.
• Artworks should be priced for sale. Retail Price specified by the Artist to include the Gallery’s commission of 50%.
• The Gallery can offer as much as a 10% discount, to be split between the Gallery and the Artist.
• Artist shall be paid by the 15th of the month following the exhibit’s conclusion.
• The Artist is responsible for delivering or shipping to the Gallery and must pick up the artwork or provide prepaid return labels if the pieces do not sell.
• Upon notification of acceptance, Artist/Exhibit Loan Agreement should be completed and provided to the Gallery.
• All artists selected are expected to provide a list of 25 or more email contacts to extend invitations to the opening reception. The contact should be provided upon notice of acceptance and delivered to ChurchStreetGallery@gmail.com. Each list should be formatted as an Excel document with column headers of “First Name, Last Name, and Email,” with the appropriate information placed accordingly. As the invitation list benefits all participating, a list must be provided, or work will not be displayed.
• Recipients of the Jurors’ Best in Show and the Community’s Best in Show, i.e., votes from gallery patrons, visitors, social media, and other forms of selection, are expected to present their artistic process with demo and artistic philosophy presentation as a Boro CrawlTalks event on June 2, before The Boro Art Crawl at 5 p.m.
• Recipients of the Jurors’ Best in Show and the Community’s Best in Show, i.e., votes from gallery patrons, visitors, social media, and other forms of selection, are expected to speak, in a Boro CrawlTalks presentation, on their artistic process and philosophy on June 2, before further participating in The Boro Art Crawl at 5 p.m.
The Artist’s work selected for Jurors’ Best in Show will receive up to $500.00. And the Artist’s work chosen by the public’s vote will receive $100.00 and dinner for four at The Alley on Main, https://alleyonmain.com/.
Jurors include: Mary Miller Veazie, http://www.mmveazie.com/, Burton Dye, http://www.burtondye.com/, and Bill Shacklett, https://www.shacklettsphotography.com/
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1. If you do not have an account, create one by providing your appropriate contact information. You will then be led to the Application/Submission pages.
2. Enter the required information requested. A $20.00 application fee will be applied, and you may enter up to three pieces for consideration. This is an operations fee and serves as your opportunity to display your artwork in Murfreesboro’s historic downtown shopping district. Works selected for exhibit inclusion will also be featured onsite, online, and on the CSG website under a heading of the Exhibition’s title for one year, with your contact information also provided.
3. You must correctly provide each artwork’s: title, dimensions, medium, and retail Price.
4. Upload your list of 25 or more email contacts
All works selected for exhibit must match artwork images chosen for inclusion by appearance and title. All non-matching work will not be displayed.
*Emailed submissions will not be reviewed.
Email ChurchStreetGallery@gmail.com with the subject “A Fresh Cut of Flowers” in the subject line from your preferred email address for questions regarding the Exhibition or submission.
Deadline to apply: 11:59 p.m., Saturday, April 15, 2023
Notification of acceptance: April 22
Delivery of artwork: May 6,
Exhibit dates: Opening reception: 2 p.m., Saturday, May 13
Artwork return/pick up date: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., June 6 – 9, or email ChurchStreetGallery@gmail.com to make other arrangements for pickup.
Email Subject: Artwork Pickup
Your submission of an application acknowledges your agreement to the above terms.
The URL address for submissions is https://mtsutoddartgallery.submittable.com/submit/256477/a-fresh-cut-on-flowers
Thank you to the MTSU Department of Art and Design for allowing CSG to use Submittable.com!
A Fresh Cut on Flowers is presented by Church Street Gallery, Maredith Metier, Owner, and partner; Eric Snyder, partner; Julie Cataldo, Gallery manager; and Eric Snyder, Jr, Gallery associate. Other sponsors include The Alley on Main and The Boro Art Crawl.
Church Street Gallery
124 N Church St, Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Hours: Tuesday – Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Call for Solo and Small Group (2-4 Artists) Exhibition Proposals for the following dates:
Artists interested in exhibiting in the Todd Art Gallery on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University, MTSU, should complete the remainder of this application, including a current CV, artist statement, description of the proposed exhibition, and 10 images (jpegs) of recent work. All Group Proposals of two to four artists should provide 12 images. Groups of five or more artists are not being accepted at this time.
If completing this application, you will be prompted to create an account before proceeding.
Jpeg format should not exceed 1MB per image or appropriate media for time-based work).
Todd Art Gallery
MTSU Department of Art and Design
Eric V. Snyder, Gallery Coordinator
Box 25, 1301 E Main Street
Murfreesboro TN 37132-0025
All Exhibition proposals become the property of the MTSU Department of Art and Design and may be used for promotion purposes.
To ensure consideration, please submit only the requested materials. The department's Art Areas/Committee meets at the start of each fall and spring semester to review exhibition proposals and will contact artists when additional information is needed.
If extended an invitation to exhibit artist/group acknowledges willingness to comply with agreed TBD scheduling, contractual obligations, and all other items or actions necessary to ensure a successful exhibition.
Your submission is your acceptance of the above guidelines.
For questions call: 615-898-5532 or 615-904-8315 or text: 615-542-6368