About the Galleries at MTSU:
The Todd Art Gallery and it's subsidiary student 210 and Glass Galleries exhibit works of art from emerging and prominent artists in conjunction with studies offered through Middle Tennessee State University's Department of Art and Design. All exhibits are free and open to the public. Exhibits are offered year-round and include open calls and competitions at no expense to students from kindergarten through college undergraduates. In addition, the Gallery supports collaborations with the Rutherford County Property Assessor's Murfree Gallery and with community artists, organizers, and supporters.
Currently, a national competition/exhibition is regularly scheduled. Entitled, Form | Line | Shape | Space: A Juried National Drawing Exhibition emphasizes the continued relevance of drawing and its application to other disciplines. This biennial exhibit will return in spring 2022.
Often exhibit/competition and invited artists to participate in receptions, lectures, and studio visits with students and the public, composing but a small part of the many educational opportunities the MTSU Department of Art and Design offers the campus and middle Tennessee communities.
The AIGA / MTSU student group is accepting submissions of original, creative graphic design works by MTSU graphic design students for a juried exhibit. The exhibit is scheduled for Oct 2-October 9 in the TAG 210 gallery in Todd Hall. This is a juried show so all entries are not guaranteed a spot in the exhibit.
Digital Submission Deadline: Sunday, September 19, 2021 / 11:59pm
What Kind of Work is Accepted?
We accept any graphic design work (including, but not limited to print, interactive, illustration, photography, book arts, studio work, etc), freelance work etc. If you want to show it off, submit it!
Before You Submit, please carefully note the following:
1. We are waiving the typical entry fee due to the current covid pandemic. Due to this year’s waived fee, you can only (and are encouraged to) submit THREE (3) entries.
2. In order to be considered for the gallery exhibit, you must be selected by the jurors AND submit a physical version of your submission (printed poster, printed mock-ups of interactive work, built 3D package etc.).
- 300 dpi images / color mode: RGB
- PDF for digital submissions (exported out of InDesign or digital mock-up)
- Interactive work must be in digital mock-up / walk-through video format / mp4.
- 3D work must be photographed, several views are recommended.
- Files must be smaller than 20MB.
- Images must be a minimum of 500 pixels wide by 500 pixels tall and a MAXIMUM of 1500 pixels wide by 1500 pixels tall.
- File names should include the entry title, image number (01, 02, 03) and contain NO spaces. Please use underscores. (ex. title_01.pdf).
- Physical entries will not be accepted for judging, but if selected to participate in the exhibit, physical entries MUST be provided or you will not be included*.
*Physical Submission Deadline:
Todd 308. 9pm. Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Email Ellen Everett (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Macy Blake (email@example.com).